Using the Player Migration Tool for WordPress
Have you recently upgraded from Fusebox Classic to the new Fusebox?
If so, here are the instructions you'll need to follow in order to connect our two plugins—which will make updating all of your Classic Podcast Players so much easier!
*BEFORE YOU BEGIN*
If you upgraded to the new Fusebox AND you switched your podcast to Easy Hosting, you MUST complete the Host Migration Tool steps BEFORE completing the Player Migration Tool. You can find the Host Migration Tool instructions here.
ONCE AGAIN — If you upgraded AND switched hosts
- Host Migration
- Then, Player Migration
How to Update Your Classic Players
- To start, download and install the most recent version of the Fusebox Player WordPress plugin from your new dashboard.
- If you're not sure where to download the plugin, follow the steps in this article.
- Once the new plugin is activated, you're ready to connect the Classic plugin to the new plugin!
- From your WordPress admin panel, navigate to Fusebox Player within your Settings section from the left-hand menu.
- Next, click on the Migration from Classic Player tab and click the GO! button when you're ready.
- The new plugin will find all of the matching podcast episodes in your RSS feed and list them below.
- Once the Fusebox Player plugin has detected all of your podcast episodes, navigate to the Plugins section of the left-hand menu.
- Next, scroll down the list of plugins to find Fusebox Player Classic...and deactivate it.
As you'll see, when refreshing the page, your players will now have switched to the matching, updated Fusebox player.
If you upgrade to the new Fusebox and didn't switch hosts, you're all set!
If you upgraded to the new Fusebox AND switched host, you have a few extra steps. Specifically, you'll need to follow the steps listed in this article to keep your podcast on all the podcast directories you're currently available — Get Listed on a Podcast Directory