Switch to Easy Hosting
We've made getting podcasting easier...and cheaper! That's because ALL paid subscriptions on Fusebox include podcast hosting! Below are the steps you'll need to migrate from your soon-to-be-old podcast host to our Easy Hosting!
In order for Fusebox to copy your published episodes, we need to establish a connection to your existing podcast host. To get started, make sure you have not turned off hosting with your existing podcast host. Our system needs to connect to your active RSS feed in order to copy all of the show data. When you're ready...
Step 1 — Log In
- Begin by signing into your Fusebox account and clicking on the show you'd like to migrate to Easy Hosting.
- Click the Settings button in the top-right corner
Step 2 — Toggle ON Easy Hosting
- Once on the Settings page, click the Hosting tab.
- Toggle on Easy Hosting to begin the migration.
Step 3 — Hang tight
Our system will begin copying your episodes from your previous host. This includes all your audio files, descriptions, and episode titles. It does not include copying any episode or show analytics.
During this step, it's important you don't go and cancel the subscription to your previous host until the migration is completed. Doing so will interrupt the migration process and possibly delay your being able to upload new episodes.
Once the migration is completed, you'll receive an e-mail letting you know it's time to start uploading episodes.
*** IMPORTANT ***
If you're a customer who upgraded from our Fusebox Classic platform and you'd like to update your existing Fusebox Podcast Players, STOP HERE and complete the following two steps.
- First — You must point the Fusebox Classic plugin to your new Fusebox RSS feed — Instructions are here: Podcast Host Migration
- Second — Once you've pointed the Fusebox Classic Plugin to your new Fusebox RSS feed, follow the instructions here to find and replace all of your players: Podcast Player Migration
Step 4 — Enable RSS redirecting
Often referred to as a "301 Redirect", RSS redirecting is the easiest way to make sure your subscribers continue to get your most recent episodes when switching hosts. Instructions for enabling a 301 redirect will vary by host—so, we've gathered some of the most common hosts below.
- Log into your Anchor account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Update Settings.
- Paste your Fusebox RSS feed in the Redirect URL field.
- Click Redirect My Podcast.
- Install “redirection” from the Plugins menu inside the WordPress Admin and activate it.
- Find “redirection” in the Tools menu of WordPress and complete the initial setup.
- Click "add a new redirect".
- Paste your existing RSS feed in the "source feed" box
- Paste the Fusebox RSS feed in the "target URL" box.
- Click Save.
Alternatively, you can email Blubrry support and request a 301 redirect. Please use the template below:
I’d like to transfer my Blubrry podcast to a new host. Can you please redirect my podcast, [podcast name], at [current RSS feed URL] to my new RSS feed URL at [Fusebox RSS feed]. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Login into your Buzzsprout account
- Go to Settings in the top right-hand corner of your page and select Cancel/Redirect Podcast.
- On the next page, select the center option to Redirect Your Podcast Feed.
- From there you will be taken to an informational page with the full process of placing your 301 Redirect. Follow each step to make sure you place the redirect successfully.
- Log into your Libsyn account.
- Click Settings towards the top of the page.
- Select "Redirects" on the left-hand menu.
- Paste your Fusebox RSS feed into the Feed Redirect URL field.
- Click Save, followed by Yes.
- Log into your Podbean account using this URL.
- Select the podcast you’d like to redirect
- Paste your Fusebox RSS feed as the New Feed URL.
- Click Save.
- Log into your SoundCloud account.
- Go to your Content Settings page.
- Enter your Fusebox RSS feed in the Subscriber redirect field.
- Click Save Changes.
- Log into your Squarespace account.
- On the Home Menu, click Pages.
- While hovering over the Blog Page Settings, click the gear icon.
- Click the Syndication tab.
- Click Edit Settings, found under Apple Podcasts / Podcasting Setup.
- Scroll down to find "Moving from Squarespace".
- Enter your Fusebox RSS feed in the box.
- Click Save.
Step 5 — Update your Directory RSS feed
As a final step, it's recommended you update the RSS feed on file with each podcast directory to which you submitted your podcast. To help with this, we've included instructions for updating the RSS feed on the three major podcast directories
PS — Google's instructions tend to be overly complicated. As such, we've included some clearer instructions here.