Configure in-player email capture (Fusebox 1.0)
This support article is for Pro subscribers only. The featured button with email integration is a feature that comes with the Pro subscription only. To learn more about how the Pro subscription compares with the free subscription, go here.
What the Email Integration Feature Does
Email Integration allows you to embed an email sign-up form directly into your Fusebox players. The players will display on your players via a customizable button. Here's what they look like on each type of player (buttons are circled in red):
Pictured Above: Full Player
Pictured Above: Track Player
Pictured Above: Mobile Full Player
Pictured Above: Mobile Track Player
How to Enable Email Capture with Your Email Service Provider
To enable Email Capture for use with your web form (if you are a Constant Contact user, go here):
- Sign in to your WordPress console.
- In the left-hand sidebar, go to Settings --> Fusebox Player.
- In the Fusebox Player Settings, select the Featured Button tab.
- Select Enable feature from the drop-down box. When you do, you will see this:
- In the field Featured button function, choose Email integration.
- Button text, enter the copy you would like to appear on your button. Use a short call to action.
- Set your Button background color. The text color will be determined by the Theme Style you have chosen.
- The Open Call to Action setting allows you to choose if the box will automatically pop up. By default, users will only see your email form if they push the button, but if you choose one of the other two options, the email form will automatically pop up. In the example above, the box will automatically pop up 60 seconds after an episode begins.
- In the Call to Action box, paste your email sign-up form's HTML (make sure it's the embed HTML code). You will find this inside your email service provider; usually, it is in the settings for your sign-up form. Instructions for several email service providers are below. If yours isn’t included in this list, check your provider’s support database for instructions on how to create your sign-up form. Embedding instructions should be included in that article.
Finding Your Email Form's HTML Code for the Call to Action Box
The following are several common email service providers' support articles for form embeds:
- Active Campaign
Go to Step 10 in this article. Use the Full Embed code (do not use the “Simple Embed” code):
- Constant Contact
This service requires special instructions. Follow our support article here.
Follow Step 4 and choose Embedded to copy your code:
Follow the instructions in this article. You will need to get your code from the Plain HTML Editor:
MailChimp doesn’t allow us to link directly to the article. Search the knowledge base for “Add a Signup Form to Your Website.” Follow the instructions under Generate Embedded Form Code:
Click on “Recreate Your Webforms Using ONTRAforms.” In Step 16, choose Embedded in Page to grab your form code:
Select Content –> Forms. Create a new form, select desired fields, and click save. The Embedcode will pop-up. Click the "Manage" Tab and select the form you wish to embed. Scroll down underneath the form submissions graphic and click "embed form" The form will pop up.
Hiding Email Integration Button within a Shortcode
Note: If you want to have email capture featured on one page, but not featured on another, you'd set up email capture as you want in the Email Integration tab as usual. Then, for those players you don't want the email capture option shown, add
email_portal="none" to your shortcode.
Have any questions? Please don't hesitate to ask. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.