Installing Fusebox 1.0 WordPress plugin
Installing the Plugins
Note: You will only receive the below emails if you sign up for a Fusebox Pro (paid) subscription. Fusebox Free subscribers will not get these emails (license key isn't included in the Free plan).
After you subscribe to Fusebox Pro, you will receive two emails from us (firstname.lastname@example.org): one contains your receipt, and one contains your license key.
Here is what the license key email looks like:
The most important details in that email are:
- Your license key. (Your license key will also be in your Fusebox Account.)
- Your temporary password for your Fusebox Account. Use that to login to my.fusebox.fm initially, then you can update your password when you login.
- My.fusebox.fm, which is your Fusebox Account and where you'll also see your license key, be able to update your password, change your payment information, and download your tools.
- Note: All of your plugins (players and transcript) are available in your Fusebox Account (my.fusebox.com)!
Download the Plugins
Login to my.fusebox.fm with the email address you used to purchase your player. You can download your Fusebox player plugin and your Transcript plugin in the Tools section on the left side menu. You can retrieve your license keys under the License Keys section in the left-hand menu as well.
Install the Plugin
- Log in your WordPress dashboard. In most cases, you will this by adding /wp-login to your website’s url.
- In the left-hand menu, click on Plugins. This will take you to your plugins menu, where you’ll see all of your previously installed plugins.
- At the top, click on the Add New button. From here, click on the Upload Plugin button.
- Click on Choose File and find the Fusebox player and/or Transcript .zip files that you downloaded.
- Click Install Now. Once you have installed the Fusebox and Transcript plugins, WordPress will ask if you would like to activate the plugin. Click on the word Activate.
Finally, you will need to add your license key to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Go to Settings button, or navigate by going to Settings --> Fusebox Player.
- Copy your license key from the email and paste it into the License Key box. Click Save Changes.
You’ve now successfully installed the Fusebox plugins. Let’s get it configured for your podcast.