Getting Started #2 (Fusebox 1.0)
In Getting Started #2, we'll walk through a few tools and things you need to know before you add the Fusebox plugins to your WordPress website (we currently don't offer plugins for Squarespace or Wix or any other non-WordPress platforms). Watch the video below to get started!
Gathering Your Tools
Here are a few things you will need to know in order to get started using Fusebox:
- You'll need access to your WordPress admin panel (see screenshot below)
- You'll want to make sure you back up your WordPress site
- You'll need access to your Fusebox Account at my.Fusebox.fm (this is where you'll download your player and transcript tools)
- Login access to your podcast host, such as Buzzsprout or Libsyn
- The URLs for your rss feed and mp3 files you want to share
Your WordPress dashboard will look something like this:
It’s important that you feel comfortable making changes to your WordPress site. You certainly do not need to be a developer, but you should feel okay about adding in new plugins.
Next, we highly recommend that you back up your website before you install the Fusebox plugins—or any plugin, really. Backing up your site before you make any major changes is good habit to develop. There are other plugins, such as BackWPUp, designed to automate website back up.
Your Fusebox Account dashboard will look like this:
Finally, you’ll need to know your RSS feed and your individual episode URLs. We'll go over how to find those in a future Getting Started support series doc. For right now, make sure you can log in to your podcast host, such as Buzzsprout or Libsyn.