Fusebox Transcript Plugin
What is the Fusebox Transcript plugin?
The Fusebox Transcript plugin creates a space for you to beautifully display and offer downloads of podcast transcripts on your podcast episode pages. By displaying your podcast transcripts, you enhance your website's SEO and provide your audience an accessibility-friendly way to consume your podcast.
Want to see the Fusebox Transcript plugin in action? Check it out here!
After you subscribe to Fusebox, you will be given access to a Fusebox account where you can download your copy of the transcript plugin. To add it to your website, follow these steps (note: this is the same process as adding the player plugin):
- Download the Fusebox Transcript plugin zip file to your computer.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins and click Add New.
- Next to "Add Plugins" click Upload Plugin and upload the Fusebox Transcript zip file.
- After you successfully upload the zip file, click Activate to make sure you activate the plugin (otherwise it will not work).
- That's it!
Fusebox Transcript Settings
After you add the Fusebox Transcript plugin, you'll see a new menu in Settings for Fusebox Transcript (see screenshot below). Below are the settings available:
- Podcast: This shows only when you've added multiple podcasts (more on that below).
- Show Logo URL: Drop your podcast logo URL in here. This logo will display on the downloadable PDF when listeners click "Download" on the front end.
- Show Title: Add your podcast title here. This, like the logo URL, will display on the downloaded PDF.
- Multiple Podcasts: If your site has multiple podcasts (as in the example below), you'll add podcasts in the Podcast Name section, click Save Changes at the bottom, and that will give you a drop-down menu in the Podcast section at the top to pick your podcast and associate the correct Show Logo URL and Show Title with each.
- Post Types: The transcript editor is designed for Pages and Posts in WordPress. But if there are specific post types you want to be able to use the Smart Transcript plugin with, add them here.
Adding the Final Touches
Now that your Fusebox Transcript plugin is uploaded and your settings are all set, it's time to put the Transcript to work! Before you actually add the transcription, you need to do one very important thing:
Add a Fusebox Transcript shortcode. Under your track player, add a shortcode widget (if you're using Gutenberg editor; or shortcode if you're using classic editor) and type in the following shortcode: [fusebox_transcript]. Like this:
After you add the [fusebox_transcript] shortcode, the transcript on the front end will work. Finally, on each page and post (and whatever other post type you clarify in the settings), you'll now see a Transcripts area at the bottom of the page or post editor. It will look like this:
Because, in my example, I've added two podcasts in my settings (Smart Passive Income and AskPat 2.0), that's why you see the toggle menu with the two podcast options. In this case, I am going to add in a transcript for Smart Passive Income episode 398 by clicking the Upload text file button and uploading my .txt file from Rev (the transcription service we use and love).
IMPORTANT NOTE: On your page or post, scroll down to the very bottom to see your Transcript area where you add your transcription.
After uploading the text file, it looks like this:
And now for the reveal! Here's how all that looks on the front end for your podcast audience:
If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the Fusebox Transcript plugin transcribe my podcast for me?
A: No, actually. The plugin displays your transcriptions, giving your transcribed podcast a beautiful front end with an option for your users to download. It's not transcription software. We recommend Rev or Temi for that.
Q: Do I get the transcript plugin if I am subscribed on the free plan?
A: Yes, both Fusebox Pro and free subscribers get access to the Fusebox Transcript plugin.