How Do I Clear the Player's Cache?
Sometimes, your website can "hold on" to old code or data used by the Fusebox players, which can cause a number of issues. A player may fail to load correctly, or new plugin features may not appear in your WordPress Dashboard. Or when you update your feed with new episodes, there might be a delay before the new episode shows up in the player.
In each of these circumstances, it may be helpful to clear the player's cache. This forces the player to load the freshest data, ensuring that the player is using the latest code and the most recent version of your feed.
The cache-clearing function is available in the Advanced section of the Fusebox Player's Settings area, as detailed in this article. To clear the cache, simply follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Settings -> Fusebox Player.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Next to Clear Fusebox Cache, click the Clear Cache button.
- a) If you're troubleshooting a player that's not loading correctly, reload your podcast page while holding the Shift key.
b) If you're troubleshooting missing features in a new version of the plugin, log out and log back in to your WordPress Dashboard and see if the new features have shown up.
If you're still encountering difficulties after trying the above, you can send us a note at [email protected].