Why Isn't My Track Player Displaying the Artist or Track Name?
When you add the track player to play a single episode of your podcast, you may find that either the artist name, track name, or both don't show up. You might see a blank space where the artist or track name would be, or the message "Getting File Data..." or "Unable to Retrieve Track Data."
For the track player to get the episode data, it goes through three possibilities in order:
1. The "title" attribute in the shortcode itself (fixed by adding title="YOUR TITLE HERE" in the shortcode)
2. The title of that episode in the RSS feed, but only if the URL of the MP3 file is an exact match
3. The ID3 tag within the MP3 file itself. (This is generally very slow and undesirable)
There are two ways around this:
- Add the artist and track names to the MP3 file's ID3 tags. You can do this by using ID3 tagging software or a media library.
- Add them to the player's shortcode. You can do this via the shortcode builder, or add them directly to the shortcode after you've created it. This article has more details on creating and modifying the track player shortcode.
If you've tried either of the above solutions and your track and/or artist name still isn't showing up, or you're getting the "Getting File Data..." message, try adjusting the cache timeout and the download method, as outlined in this article.