How Do I Ensure Only Specific Episodes Show Up in the Player?
Note: This article only applies to podcast feeds hosted via SoundCloud.
If you're using SoundCloud as your podcast host, you can specify which episodes show up in the Fusebox players by using SoundCloud's Playlist feature. There are two ways to do this: the playlist method, or the private method.
Playlists (or "Sets") are a way to group specific tracks in SoundCloud. Here's how to do that:
- Create a SoundCloud Playlist containing the tracks that you want to appear in the Fusebox player by following the steps in this article.
- Navigate to your new Playlist in SoundCloud by clicking on the name of your profile near the top right of the screen, then clicking on Playlists.
- Click on the name of your new Playlist to open the page for that Playlist (or just right-click on the Playlist name), then copy the URL.
- Paste this URL into your Fusebox player shortcode builder as your feed URL.
The Fusebox player will now pull in only the episodes that are part of your new Playlist!
You can also make certain tracks "private" in SoundCloud, which will prevent them from being displayed as part of your feed in the Fusebox player. Here's how to make a track private or public:
- Log in to SoundCloud.com.
- Click on your profile name in the top right, then click on Tracks in the dropdown menu.
- Hover your mouse over the track you'd like to modify and click the pen icon.
- In the box that appears, select private or public and click Save changes.