Getting Started #7: Adding the Fusebox Full Player
Adding the Fusebox Full Player
We add the podcast players into our pages/posts using a shortcode. If you don't see the visual editor tab (classic WordPress editor) or Fusebox player widgets (default WordPress editor, Gutenberg), read this article.
Creating Your Shortcode
Note: the below instructions are for folks using the Gutenberg editor in WordPress, which is the default editor. To create your shortcode, find the place in your page where you would like to insert the player.
- Go to your page or post you want to add your player.
- Click on the + block icon to open up the block options. You'll see Fusebox Track Player and Fusebox Full Player. Choose the Fusebox Full Player block.
- After clicking on the Fusebox Full Player block, it will create a [fusebox_full_player] shortcode.
When you preview your post, you should see a full player here, using the RSS feed that you have in your Player Defaults settings menu.
Note: if you don't have an RSS feed specified in your Player Defaults menu, you'll need to add it manually when you build the shortcode. We'll look at that next.
For folks using the Classic Editor in WordPress, you'll look for the Fusebox Full Player button in the editor menu, like so (clicking that will open up your shortcode builder):
Customizing the Player
Let's examine each item in the shortcode builder. Any values you enter here will override what you have entered into your Player Defaults menu. Click on Edit Shortcode in the shortcode builder.
You'll see the shortcode builder, which looks like this:
- URL: You can override the RSS feed in your Player Defaults menu by putting a new one in here. Most of the time you’ll leave this blank.
- Highlight color (Hex) #: Specify a color for the progress bar of your player. Learn more about this here. (Available to Fusebox Pro subscribers only.)
- Style: Choose whether your player uses the light or dark theme. Learn more about this here.
- Show Name: This will override the Show Name you specified in your Player Defaults menu. Learn more about this here.
- Customize the buttons: Switch this to Yes if you want to show social sharing buttons. Pick your social sharing buttons you want listed.
- Display social sharing buttons: Switch this setting to No to remove the social sharing buttons from your player.
- Customize your social sharing message: Pick a permalink URL you want people to share when they share on social media from your player. Add a custom message and hashtag for Twitter. Add a username for Twitter too!
- Display download button: Switch this setting to No to remove the download button from your player.
There are several other attributes that you can manually adjust. Visit the Player Customization section of the support library at support.fusebox.fm.