How Do I Find My RSS Feed and Track Links?
This support doc is to help you find your RSS feed and episode/track links for your Fusebox players.
Note: we have backend access through Libsyn and Buzzsprout podcast hosts, so we don't have any other behind-the-scenes screenshots, but your podcast host dashboard should be pretty straightforward in finding your rss feed and links!
Things to Know
For the full player, you will use your RSS feed. Your shortcode would look something like this:
[fusebox_full_player url="https://feed.pod.co/you-me-empathy-sharing-our-mental-health-stories" ]
For the track player or sticky player, you have two options:
- Play the most recent episode in your rss feed.
- Highlight a specific episode.
To play the most recent episode in your rss feed, you'll want to use your RSS feed url. That would look like this:
To play a specific episode, you'll need to grab your episode .mp3 link (the URL needs to end in .mp3). That would look like this:
For the sticky player, like the track player, you can also highlight the latest episode from your rss feed or highlight a specific episode (from a .mp3 link). Learn more about how to use the sticky player here.
How We Get Track Data
- From the feed specified in Player Defaults, as long as the filename is a match for the filename in the feed.
- And from the direct file (mp3 or m4a).
If your files don't have metadata, method #2 will show "unable to retrieve track data." A solution for this is to: a) Add titles to the shortcodes; b) Make the URLs in the shortcodes match the URLs in the feed; or c) Add metadata to the files.
Your Podcast Host: Libsyn
Libsyn Classic Feed
Grab your feed within your Libsyn dashboard.
- Log in to Libsyn.
- Click on Destinations.
- In the Quick Links section, you’ll see your Libsyn Classic Feed.
Now you have your podcast RSS feed. Finding an individual track link is much simpler.
Finding Single Episode URLs in Libsyn
These steps will help you find the individual track URLs for the Fusebox Track Player and Fusebox Sticky Player. You're looking for the link that ends in .MP3.
- Log in to Libsyn.
- Go to Content > Previously Published.
- Here you will find all of your posts. Find the episode you want to share and click on the link/embed button. It looks like this:
- This will open up a box with several links. You want the Direct Download URL, which ends in .MP3.
Your Podcast Host: Buzzsprout
Your RSS Feed
Grab your feed within your Buzzsprout dashboard.
- Login to Buzzsprout.
- Navigate to Directories.
- Click on RSS Feed.
Finding Single Episode URLs in Buzzsprout
These steps will help you find the individual track URLs for the Fusebox Track Player and Fusebox Sticky Player. You're looking for the link that ends in .mp3.
- Log in to Buzzsprout.
- Go to Episodes. Click on an episode.
- Scroll down to the Promote This Episode menu in the sidebar. Copy the Direct Link to MP3 url.
For non-Libsyn and Buzzsprout users, you'll want to grab your rss feed and links in your podcast host. Each host should have easy-to-follow instructions on those.